BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: UPDATE ON ROEANN

Monday, May 19, 2008

UPDATE ON ROEANN

Here is a update on my good friend RoeAnn that was in the horse accident on Mother's Day. She had surgery Thursday afternoon and doctors say she should make a 100% recovery. We went up and saw her yesterday after church. She looks good for what she has gone through! They are thinking about letting her go home on Wednesday. She has to be eating solid foods and able to get to the bathroom first. When she gets home she will be bedridden for 6 weeks, only up to potty and then back down, they do not want her to put alot of pressure on her pelvis yet. She said yesterday the doctor told her it would be at least 6-8 months before she could even think about getting on a horse. I am just thankful she is going to be alright. It could have been alot worse, that is definitely scary when a horse comes over on a rider. Please continue to remember her in your prayers as she still has a long road ahead of her. To a speedy recovery!

10 comments:

Callie said...

Oh good grief! I'm glad to hear that she will make a full recovery. 6 solid weeks of bestrest, poo! I feel sorry for her!

Nonnas News said...

So glad to hear your friend is going to make a full recovery! I'm sure it was because of all the prayers going up on her behalf!

Andrea said...

I am glad she is doing better! She must be horse crazy if she is asking when she can get back on!! I think it's a sick disease we all have! I will keep her in my prayers! I hope she will be able to go home soon!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Glad to hear that your friend is doing so well! Sounds like quite a recovery.

Jill said...

Wow- Sounds like she has a long road ahead of her....please let her know this blogger will be thinking of her and sending up a prayer!

Shirley said...

I thank God that RoeAnn is going to be allright; I'll continue to pray for her. He does everything for a reason,even if we can't fathom it at the time.

Mrs. Mom said...

Glad to hear RoeAnn is going to be able to ride- and WANTS to ride again! Cant imagine 6 weeks of bed rest, but if that is what it takes to get her healthy, then she best follow Dr's orders there!

Keep us posted on how she is doing, and we will keep her in our prayers here in the Southland too.

OneCowgirl said...

Well I'm glad to hear RoeAnn is recovering! Prayers to a speedy recovery.

Front Porch Society said...

I will keep praying for your friend! I know what it is like to have a horse go back over on you. I was lucky enough and small enough to slip out between the saddle and ground just in time before all 1300 pounds came crushing down on me! Darn that TN Walker pyscho colt!

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm glad to hear that she is coming along in her recovery. That's a really scary injury.