BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: RODEO, PLAYDAYS AND ROPING!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

RODEO, PLAYDAYS AND ROPING!

It has been busy around here the last couple of days! Saturday night I had a rodeo in Diana. The events were pony express, flag race, branding and team penning. We placed 4th, would have done better but had a bad draw on cow in penning. She was sour and didn't want to go! We had lots of fun!



Sunday was our church play day. The events were barrels, obstacle course and rescue race. I did all the events and hubby took pictures and helped time and Savannah played with her friends. On the rescue race your partner is standing on the ground at the other end of the pen, you run down there and pick them up and come back, it is a timed event. I did it with my friend (another need for speed freak!) and we got it done in 14 seconds!! There was a damper in the afternoon when one of our good friends horse reared up with them and landed on top of her. She is having surgery Thursday morning for multiple breaks in her pelvis. They are having a hard time helping her with the pain, as everything makes her sick. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. To a speedy recovery girl, we love ya!

Monday afternoon we had friends over and roped. It was a great day and lots of fun! I actually got to join in the fun! And got pointers from a friend, Thanks so much! I got a few pics of us roping-and then looked down and the memory card was full! UGH! I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!



17 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Holy Cow Kris- you surely do have an interesting lifestyle there. And It Looks Like A B-L-A-S-T!!!

We will keep your friend in our prayers, for pain control AND a speedy recovery- may she be back in the saddle soon.

Thanks as always for sharing such great fun, and pictures too!!

Callie said...

I agree with Mrs.Mom, it sure looks like a lot of fun! Oh crap! On your friend, a broken pelvis takes a lot of time to heal and bedrest. Hope your friend gets well soon!

Mikey said...

Toooo cool!! Love it! You got to play ALL weekend!
We will pray for your friend, that is a very bad break!
Great pics, love to see y'all having a blast on your horses!

Midlife Mom said...

I agree, you sure do have fun where you live! 14 seconds?! You guys must have been flying!! So sorry about your friend, that is a bad injury, I hope she heals quickly.

Nonnas News said...

Looks like you had a nother great weekend. I hope your friend will be ok. Take care and have a nice week!!

Pony Girl said...

Wow, what a busy fun, horsey weekend! I am envious. Sorry to hear about your friend....the rearing and flipping thing has always scared me! I hope she is on the mend soon. And good luck with the roping. Once you figure it out, can you host a clinic!? I want to learn! ;)

Rising Rainbow said...

Geez! One of my friends just had a horse rear up and go over on her and she, too, fractured her pelvis in several places, not to mention 3 broken ribs and a broken arm. I hope it's not something contagious going around. Those are pretty scary injuries. I will pray for your friend as well as mine.

Shirley said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers. What is her name? Keep us updated on her, it will help us to remember to keep praying for her. Looks like you had a great weekend; I love the expression of your horse as she is about to lope over the tarp!

BarnGoddess said...

14 seconds?!?! dang girl, you ARE fast :)

ouch, I hope your friend gets some relief asap.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Ouch! I hope they are giving your friend some good drugs for the pain. (Fingers crossed)I have never had a horse flip over and it is an experience I can do without for the rest of my life-Thank you. I bet that was scary.

On the lighter side, you guys were smokin. Sounds like fun-next spring I am going to come hang out with you, until rodeo season starts up here-LOL.

Carroll Farm said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous, our next 3 weekends are packed with this and that, hopefully we can find time to play as well. Hope your friend feels better and recovers quickly.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is a really fast time! Go Angel! I guess she felt well enough to play! :-)

Love ya,
Jen :-)

Andrea said...

What a fun filled weekend!! Your rodeos have such fun events at them!! I love it!! We call that rescue one Buddy Barrel Pick UP. It's fun, and there is always one horse that crow hops around. I hope your friend gets better soon, that is so scary. I am a scardy cat and won't go fast. I tried running barrels for the first time this year and I might give up. I wish I could rope too!! Fun weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! Hope you had fun!

Linda said...

I just went and bought a 4 GB memory card for that very reason. It looks like SUCH a great time. I'm envious!

Jen said...

owww...pelvis. no bueno :0(
How ya doin' cowgirl? I miss chatting with you!! Life has kept me busy..and away from my computer.
Savannah is still as darling as ever :0) Hope all is well with you girl...
I'm still ropin lol...I got the callouses to prove it!!
haha..am I better?? ehhh.....

write soon!

Blessings, Jen

Trailboss said...

Love your blog. Marking it as a favorite. Come visit mine sometime if you like!