BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: Last couple of days...........

Monday, May 5, 2008

Last couple of days...........

My little helper!!

"What about me?!?!" Someone is in my spot!
You can see the scar tissue on the left side of her neck-just above the reins.

The last couple of days have been busy, like always. Friday afternoon we went down to our arena and picked blackberries. We got 5 gallon size bags full! Saturday we worked in the yard and then went to eat at cousin's house. Sunday was church and the first Sunday we went to 2 services. It was a long day. Hubby started nights, so when he left me and Savannah went back to the arena to pick more berries. She soon got bored and wanted to go to the pond with Shelby. So off child and dog went and it was a few minutes and I heard splashing and Savannah laughing. I went running over to find Shelby doing laps in the pond!! She said look what I made her do! LOL! (still wishing I had gotten camera out of truck!) I got the DMSO & Bigeloil and made the spray for Angel. Used it this afternoon before I rode, she said I should notice results in a couple of days. We just took a short ride and she was moving well, she was not sore this evening when I feed. I will let you know how the concoction works! Savannah was here all day as they were out of school for a bad weather day they did not use this year. She was my little helper today and we had alot of fun.

Shelby just does not like these! And they will follow her up and down the fence! Our neighbors just recently got them! Horses could careless, but the dog has issues!

8 comments:

OneCowgirl said...

I hope Angel responds to the Bigeloil and DMSO!! I am actually weary of giving vaccinations after your ordeal this spring.

Mikey said...

Your dog is a character! Love the pics! Glad Angel is better :)

Pony Girl said...

There is nothing like having a couple of good helpers! ;) And oh goodness, those blackberries sound soooooo good! We used to do that as kids, then eat them on vanilla ice cream (and mom would always make a pie.) Let us know how that special spray works!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Yumm fresh blackberries.
So glad Angel is doing better.
Gotta love those little helpers!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What are you doing with all the berries?

Shirley said...

Berries are a distant dream here, the leaves are just starting to come out on the trees. It's a very late spring, even by northern Alberta standards.Hope you enjoy them, and have a handful for me!

Nonnas News said...

Glad to hear Angel is doing much better! I love blackberries. Doesnt a blackberry cobbler sound good right now?

PaintedPromise said...

HEY are those MINIATURE DONKEYS next door! you gotta get some closer pics for your friend the donkey nut lol!