BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: Graduation

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Graduation

Savannah receiving her diploma from her teacher!

Well, I made it through Kindergarten graduation! It was Friday morning and they gave awards and then walked across the stage to get there diploma! I did cry, It was emotional to see her class and especially her. After they received there diplomas all 4 K classes went up on stage and did a few songs. She got a award for explemary behavior for the year. That diffidently makes us proud! After the ceremony we stopped by her class room and picked up a packet and had our goodbyes. Of course I start crying again, man I have gotten attached to the kids in her class as well, not to mention her teacher. We were blessed with a awesome teacher! Thanks Kim for putting your heart into teaching, may God Bless you and your family! Way to go Savannah we are so very proud of you and love you bunches! And now I can say I have a 1st grader! What happened? It seems like I just had her yesterday! LOL! This banner was was hanging on the stage and it said class of 2020! Oh my! They had it in the hallway for each of the kids to sign. Her teacher has them bring a piece of fabric and they make a quilt to hang on the wall with there class picture. She has been teaching 15 years and has each and everyone hanging in her room. I think that is real special for her to do that. She says kids always come back to see there quilts and pics!

12 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Congratulations Savannah!! First Grade-wow-that is a big deal.

Man time just flies by doesn't it Kris? You have such a beautiful little girl there.

Nonnas News said...

Congratulation Savannah!! Kindergarten is such a fun year. I will never forget when my two were there! Seems like only yesterday! What a lovely idea for the teacher to do a quilt of each class! Savannah will always remember her kindergarten year and her special teacher!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Way to go Savannah!

Her teacher sounds like one awesome woman who is in it for the kids! I love hearing about teacher like her!!!!!

Class of 2020....look out, it will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

wtg Savannah!!!!!

wonderful quilt and a good idea. I bet it is something to see, all those years later as a student....

Callie said...

Congrats to the big girl now! Oh they grow so fast!

Shirley said...

What a cute little cowgirl! Love the hat! I made a scrapbook of all my daughter's school pics, awards, and report cards,as well as snapshots of her. She loves it and it is kind of like looking at a time capsule as you can see how much they change from year to year. And the years go by so fast!

Jen said...

Congrats Savannah! I remember when Brooklyn was just starting kindergarten and now she is a 3rd grader! They grow up too fast. THat is neat about the quilt. What a great idea!!! I would have cried too, I am just an emotional girl!

Andrea said...

Yeah!! Congrats Savannah!! I cried at Kindergarten graduation too!! It's so exciting and sad to see your kids grow up so fast!! I love the picture of her with the banner! She looks like she is wearing the hat!! LOL!!

Mikey said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! She is the cutest girl! You are totally blessed!

Pony Girl said...

That is so exciting your Savannah is a big girl, graduating from Kindergarten. 2020, oh my! That sounds so far away. Sounds like she had a really special teacher, too! ;)

Jill said...

Congrats to the "graduate"-- too cute! I love the quilt idea.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the new first grader. My daughter starts kindergarten a year from now and I think I'll be crying too. She is a very cute little cowgirl!!