BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: A Story from our Christmas

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Story from our Christmas


The detail of my saddle, both saddles and Savannah sitting on hers!
Well, I will have to say this was a great Christmas! My husband had to work days this Christmas, so on Christmas Eve he gave us the present he had bought us. Wow! Let me just say I was so surprised!! He got me and Savannah brand new saddles! We had no idea that is what he had, I did know he was so excited about giving us our presents! This is my first very own saddle, so I was speechless! (for once!!) But, what the greatest part of the story is, is all the thought, time and effort to make this happen for us. He day works and was using that money to buy them and the thought behind it all, just blows me away! I am still so touched by his thoughtfulness and love he poured into my gift. He says it was no trouble at all and I deserve it. Wow! What a great husband! (He is going to get me for posting this!) But I do know how blessed I am to have such a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, loving, supportive husband! Thanks Honey, I love you so much!

10 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

What a wonderful surprise for you and your daughter! That is one great hubby, a keeper for sure! I love the detailing on yours, very pretty. Thank you for showing us the pictures. Now that the holidays are over I think we all will be doing more blogging don't you? Of course I am still knee deep in putting decorations away! Not as much fun putting away as setting them up. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. We had an awesome time in Texas and the weather was far better than in Michigan. It was great for us to be outside in just sweaters or sweatshirts. Now we are back to reality and snow, yuck!

Your gift was amazing! You are very blessed and I'm sure your husband feels loved and appreciated!

Nonnas News said...

Wow!! It's nice to have you back online! We have all missed you! What a wonderful surprise from your husband for Christmas! The saddles are just beautiful!

Larissa said...

That is so sweet! I hope you all had a nice Christmas!!! And a great new year!!!

Jill said...

What a wonderful gift. You most certainly are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Good looking truck and saddles, what great Christmas presents.
Love,
Dad

Kathy C said...

A new saddle AND a new truck! You certainly ARE blessed.

I too become very attached to my trucks. Even though I am over using it most times I haul the horses, I prefer it over the dually.

I really like the looks of your saddle, is it a particular kind or is it hand made?

kdwhorses said...

Kathy,
The saddle is a Teskey's saddle. They are located in Weatherford, Texas. My saddle has a association tree and sit riggin with detail work on it and knife holder on the back girt. Savannah's is the kid's Teskey's saddle with association tree, but they do not do a sit riggin in the kid's. My husband and son got there new saddles last year and we have not had a problem with them and have been very pleased.
Kris

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! (The saddles are too)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Look forward to looking around yours! Love Texas :)

Front Porch Society said...

What a great Christmas morning surprise!! :)