BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW

Saturday, December 29, 2007

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW





Well, we have done it! We bought another truck. My old truck was that just old and we have been needing another one. I have been the one dragging my heels about getting another truck, we have not had a payment in a long time and I was not wanting one! I also get attached to my trucks and have a hard time parting with them! But we found what we had been looking for and at a great deal, so we are now proud new owners of a '04 Ford 350 dually, 4x4. I do not know whether to jump up and down for joy or cry. I know we really need a newer truck, but with everything so expensive, it is scary. We have been looking for about a year, but could not find what we wanted. You would not believe how hard it is to find a Ford that is a 6 speed! I guess people do not drive them anymore!! Like my husband said this has God all in it. He found it about 2 months ago via Internet and I was wanting a different color and still dragging my feet! But it was meant to be ours and we went to San Antonio and picked it up Friday! Today we have already put it to work moving hay! We still have my old truck and will be selling it after the first of the year. I will say she was a great truck and definitely put in her time on the ranch!! We put our trust in God about finding the right truck and he provided. I am glad we waited till the right one came along. What a awesome God!









7 comments:

Susan said...

HE is so awesome and wonderful!
Susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

A dually....I am jealous!

She looks great!

Jennifer said...

Well, Christmas continues! I'm happy for you, but understand about the payment. UGH! Enjoy your new truck!

Nonnas News said...

Congrats on the new truck! I know you will get lots of use and enjoyment out of it. Nice to start the year off with something new!!

Karen said...

Hi Kris! I'm glad to see you're back! I'm still trying to catch up from December.
I'm with you, I don't want anymore vehicle payments, either! But our Yukon is such a gas guzzler, we may be looking at a smaller SUV soon.
Have a great week-end.

Mikey said...

Hey, just surfed in, love your site! Had to comment, we just bought a new (used) truck 6 months ago, and the 2 things we agreed on were Ford and 6 spd, and girl, I'm with ya, they're hard to find! I got mine a state away (UT) on the Net, they delivered it for $300!
But dang hard to find....
C'mon over sometime and say howdy! Your whole family is gorgeous, love the short cowgirl!

Anonymous said...

I like your truck. I am sure it was much needed to haul hay and other things in.

Abraham Lincoln