BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: CHORES AND SUNSHINE........

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

CHORES AND SUNSHINE........


"Angel" reaching for "Roo's" scrapes! How many heads can get in the bucket??


Momma and babies were in the barn when I got there!

"Preacher" "Pesky" "Roo"
Today is still cool, but the sun is out and it feels good outside. I decided to take my camera out while I did chores this morning. (you never know when you will get a great pic or post!!) When I got to the barn the momma hen and babies were in there. They are getting bigger and they are starting to get some color to them. The rooster that is with her has been by her side since the babies hatched. Which is not normal rooster behavior, we have never seen one do like he is. The other day we went out and she was sitting on the chicks taking a nap and he was standing next to her on guard. I took pictures of all but "Angel's" eyes, because she was trying to eat the camera!! Which leads me to the explain the next picture of her. She is doing aerobics and stretching!! She was reaching to try and get "Roo's"scraps off the ground!! Well, she is determined!! Then I turned them all out and they love to go in and check "Pesky's" bucket. He eats senior feed, which is different from what they eat. I looked up and the 3 stooges are all trying to get there heads into the bucket! I stood there and watched them for awhile and it was quiet comical. "Angel" of course was first there, then "Roo" and "Preacher". She would let them get a look then she would pen her ears and they would back off, then they would ease back up and this went on for about 10 minutes. What a joy to watch God's creatures. They each have such great personalities. I am truly blessed. Hope you enjoy pictures from my morning of chores and sunshine.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I did enjoy the pictures. I just love horses! Maybe that rooster is one of the new breed of men these days who helps with chores and the children!

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm not sure what to think about that rooster.

That is quite an amazing stretch. It must be something good worth that kind of maneuver. lol

Horses make my day.

BarnGoddess said...

lol, how many heads CAN fit in the bucket!! that is cute.

Its a bit chilly here in Okla but a welcomed chill I would say :)

Without my horse, I would perish. Ive said that before havent I?

Jen said...

Loved the pictures. How cute are the baby chicks? I am not showing my daughter that picture as she would think we need to get some.

Front Porch Society said...

Love the pictures of your horses! :) Isn't it fun to watch them try to reach something that is just out of their range?