BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: BLESSED!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

BLESSED!!

I was thinking today about how truly blessed that I am. It seems you always think about how blessed you are when you are being tested or going through a rough spot. I am first and foremost blessed to be a daughter of our Loving Father, our creator, Alpha and Omega. I do not know what I would do without my faith and our wonderful church family. I am blessed with a great Christian husband, father, best friend. I am blessed by my son, who did not come into my life until he was 8 years old. We have a great relationship and I cherish it. (I just wish someone would come up with a better name than step mom and step son. It sounds so harsh.) I have always referred to him as my son, which he is. I am blessed with my beautiful daughter, she is my sunshine. She has such a sweet spirit about her, caring. A child's heart is so sweet and innocent. A wonderful sister and her family. We have grown closer together, even though in miles we grow farther apart. I cherish my friendship with Mary, she has been there in so many ways. My family in Dallas, Barb and Cindy, they have been there my whole life and filled such a void in my life since my mom died. The list could go on and on. What I am going through now has got me to thinking. We need to tell each other how much they mean to us, as we do not know when we will see them again. Our family rule is: we tell each other we love each other on a daily basis. When we talk on the phone or via text messaging! I am blessed by each of my blogging buddies as well! Have a great and blessed day!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

We all have a lot to be thankful for in life. Yes, bad things happen but the good always out weighs the bad. It is sad how people dwell on the bad instead of thinking positive and counting their blessings. God is so good to us.

Momma Roar said...

We do have so much to be thankful for! I'm so glad you shared your list with us!

Jennifer said...

Kris,

I have been praying for you since we spoke on Monday. I hope you can feel God's hand and you know He is there. I'm thankful for you and I do wish we lived closer, too. Maybe someday! :-)

I love you, Big Sis!
Jen

Jen said...

Kris,
I am so blessed to call you friend. I am so glad you commented on my blog and we have gotten to know each other a little more. You better believe the next time I am in Texas, I am calling you and Beth. My husbands family lives in Dumas which is right by Amarillo. Some day dear friend, we will meet. I am praying for you. I don't know what you are going through but just know you have a friend praying for you. If you ever need to talk, e-mail me at pendleyjen@hotmail.com. Be sure to reference that its you in the subject section as I don't open mail if I don't recognize the senders address. Hang in there. God is always faithful and will not give us more than we can handle.

MorningSong said...

Blessings to you!! Thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for your comments on Probiotics, at Multi-Tasking Moms. I am glad to know another Mom out there who can share the testimony of these products helping her child's health.

Blessings.

Susan said...

Wonderful post and oh so true. I never talk to my kids with out telling them I love them and Mickey & I tell each other often every day. I also tell my close friends because they are like family to me.
Susan

Midlife Mom said...

Loved this post and agree whole heartedly that we all have soooooooo much to be thankful for! It's nice to put it down on paper sometimes though and really think about these things. I also agree with you that there has to be a better word then step mother and step child. It does sound harsh and I know there are so many out there that are loving and not harsh at all! Good thoughts Kris!

Nonnas News said...

We do have a lot to be thankful for. Whatever you are going thru, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for being such a kind blogging friend! Since we dont live too far from each other, maybe we will have the chance to meet someday!

Karen said...

I will be praying for whatever it is you're going through.
We need to stop and appreciate what we do have daily. Good reminders.
Blessings,
Karen

The Asquad said...

martina mcbride says it like it is.........."Blessed" http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjsD2hO__0E&mode=related&search=

Beth said...

That was so beautiful!