BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: Audrey Owens Benefit Ranch Rodeo 4/22/07

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Audrey Owens Benefit Ranch Rodeo 4/22/07

OPENING PRAYER


THE MUGGING EVENT-SHANNON ROPING THE COW, DICKIE READY TO SWING IF HE MISSES, MIKE HAZING THE COW! SAVANNAH, DEMI AND MICHAEL


On Sunday April 22nd Dickie was in the Audrey Owens Memorial Ranch Rodeo in Mixon, Texas. The proceeds from the rodeo go to the Audry Owens Memorial Agricultural Scholarship Fund. This year they were able to award five scholarships to students. Now let me get down to happenings that day! Dickie was real excited about getting to participate this year in the rodeo, in years past they have always scheduled on the weekend he is working. His team mates were Shannon West, Mike Morrow, Charles Lee Ashby. They did well in each event and worked good together, had some tough luck in the sorting. The last event Wild Cow Milking-this are "wet" cows! And of course my camera battery went dead and I have no pics!! Well anyway, Shannon roped the cow and off Dickie goes to the head and right before he grabbed her head, she head butted him in the right side. They finished the event and got a time, I went to check on him and he was hurting from the hit. Well, we left and came home and feed, ate, etc. When he went to lay down in bed, he was in allot of pain! So long story short, we spent Sunday evening in the emergency room! After it was all over he has 1 broken rib and several dislocated!!! I was very worried it was something major, he has such a high tolerance for pain. My prayers were answered! And oh by the way, it was my birthday!!! He feels really bad about spending my birthday night in the ER, but you know what I had a great day with my family/friends at church and at the rodeo. What more can you ask for??

No comments: