BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: 1ST GOAT SHOW............

Monday, March 2, 2009

1ST GOAT SHOW............

Savannah had the privilege to show a friend's goat this weekend at our church's 1st annual Livestock Show. She was beyond excited! Of course she has never shown, neither had the goat, but that didn't stop her! We clipped the goats Friday afternoon and left early Saturday morning for the show.

Her and Taylor (aka "Tater") getting there goats out so we can go register!
Weighing "Dragon"~she sure was watching them! His name is Dragon, because you normally have to drag him around. Luckily there was a goat in front of them!

Tater was fixing to give her some quick lessons in showing!


It was SO cold Saturday morning and this pen is either very hot or very cold! Hubby felt sorry for the goats and went and got some blankets! They didn't move, they enjoyed there blankets!

Savannah was in Class 4 of the goats and did a great job. He acted up once but she handled it great! She got 6th place and was excited. Both of the kids did a great job showing there goats, way to go! She may even get to show this goat at the next show!
The end of the day, we were waiting on them to finish showmanship, we were both tired!
It has taken me 2 days to get this post finished! Been busy and tired! Looking forward to catching up with each of you!

12 comments:

Calamity Lace said...

How fun! The first time I showed a steer this past December(yes I'm 22and getting a late start in that department) I was a nervous wreck!

ezra_pandora said...

How neat!!! I'm sure she had a blast. My older son can't wait to do his first show, whatever it will be. Our trainer's girlfriend shows in AQHA and she said she'd LOVE to use him in leadline (of course, potential for more points fo her, right? lol) so he's all excited about doing that. And the better he gets with riding, maybe he can go to some open speed shows with our older girl.

The Wife said...

they both did great for their first times. It was cold Saturday. I looked like that goat wrapped in a blanket at the bull futurity! I didn't move either.

Callie said...

Aaaww, the blankies for the goats, too cute and sweet!

Paula said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a great job, Savannah! You look like a true professional out there!

Blessings~
P.

Andrea said...

Oh how much fun!! I wanted my kidos to show our goat, but for some reason it just never happened. There are actually a lot of open boer goat shows!! What fun!! And those blanketed goats are too cute. And it was cold!! Congrats Savannah way to go!!

Shirley said...

Love that last mom and daughter picture... Aw come on, it can't really have been cold there, come on up here to get a taste of real cold!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Good Job Savannah! How fun!

Your little gal looks just like you!

Midlife Mom said...

What great pictures! The one with the blankets on the goats is just a hoot! Are they pampered or what?!! I love to see animals being pampered. Good job Savannah! The last picture of you two is adorable! Two lovely ladies! xoxo

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Way to go Savannah! She looked like a pro showing that goat.

I used to show cattle when I was in 4-H and those are some of my best memories!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog :)

Mikey said...

I almost missed this post! Love seeing Tater, he is so funny! I've been to his blog, he and I could hang out :)
LOVE seeing Savannah showing goats. Little known fact, I used to show goats, quite a bit. Great for kids to do.
Love that last pic too, you girls are SO PRETTY!!! LOVE IT!!