BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: FRIENDS, FIREWORKS AND HORSES!!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

FRIENDS, FIREWORKS AND HORSES!!

Well the last few days have been busy around here! We had some friends come in from out of town for a quick visit on Thursday. We meet them at a wonderful new restaurant at Holly Lake called Horseapple Creek Catfish. The owner and my hubby used to work together and he and his wife had wanted to open there own fish place. So this last year he quit and they have been working to get it open and running. They have been open a couple of months now and doing really well. We meet Blake and Teresa there and had a wonderful meal and fellowship. It was good to get together with everyone, even though it was a quick visit! Everything was great (we all shared our meals!), but my personal favs was the grilled catfish (lawsie me!) and the key lime pie! (holy cow was it good!) Of course we have been eating Vance's fish and fixings' for years! The man can make the best coleslaw I have ever tasted! So if you are ever in our area you would be missing something if you didn't stop by and try them out!


4th of July we went to Bar None Cowboy Church for a play day, homemade ice cream, watermelon and fireworks! The events were barrels, poles, speed race, goat tying, calf scramble. They ended the night with a awesome fireworks display! We had a great time and I even brought home ribbons in all the events! Hope you all had a great and safe 4th of July!


Heather (owner), me and Savannah Teresa, Savannah and Blake


Hanging out waiting our turn at the play day! Mary, Me, Taylor and Courtney! *Note to self: Taylor is so going to get it-what is he doing at the back of my head?!?!* Taylor is hubby's cousin that I haul everywhere with me~he is always wanting to go! I don't mind at all! And I always have a couple extras that just want to tag along as well! They all say I am the cool Aunt! LOL!



Running poles! There would have been more pics, but hubby was about to break the camera-he was so frustrated with it! He said it wouldn't take pictures fast enough. He tells me after this run, okay you are going to have to slow down so I can get pics! What I say!!? And you see there are no more pics~I have a need for speed people! LOL! The next events were all about speed, so he knew I wasn't going to slow down, he put up the camera! Poor hubby!

8 comments:

Nonnas News said...

What a fun weekend you've had!! Congrats on winning all those ribbons!

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! That is a great name for that place, Horseapple Creek Catfish. How'd they come up with that?
I understand your husband's pain. I need to figure out if my camera will take pictures faster, too. It takes so long to "re-organize" after each shot I miss all the action! ;)

Carroll Farm said...

Looks like so much fun. I agree with Pony Girl - where on earth did that name come from. I love it. :) We had a very eventful vacation - it is still going. stay tuned for the event of the week.

Shirley said...

Looks like a fun time! I think you have waaaaay too much fun!

Andrea said...

What a really fun day!! I love how your hubby wants you to slow down so he can take your picture!! Whahahahaha!! That is funny!! He can take pictures of me doing poles, I trot them!! :)
Happy 4th.

Callie said...

Sounds like a great holiday weekend! You guys always seem to have a lot of fun!

Jill said...

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday weekend. It's been forever since I had homemade ice cream!

Train Wreck said...

Ha HA I can totally relate to your husband! I told my husband, he and his heeler were either going to have to use shorter ropes or I needed a new zoom lens! I couldn't get all of them in the photo! So that's why I got a new lens!! (Still laughing!!)