BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

Monday, August 27, 2007

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

SPORTING HER HARLEY DAVIDSON BACKPACK FOR HER FIRST DAY!!
GETTING IN PLAY TIME WITH SHELBY-BEFORE LEAVING FOR SCHOOL!!

Well, today is the first day of school. My baby girl is starting Kindergarten! I took her this morning to her class and she just fit right in. She knows several of the kids already. We meet her teacher on Friday afternoon and she is really nice. She was great with the kids and has a great personality. I think it will be a great and memorable year. I have signed up to be on the room mom team, I want to be there and enjoy this experience with her. I remember as a child that my mom was always at the schools helping with mine and my sisters classes. I want to be there for Savannah as well. I take great pleasure in doing the small things for her: like for instance her lunch-cutting her sandwich into small hearts, putting notes on her napkin, using colorful/decorative napkins, special treats, etc. I love doing that for her, I know it meant allot to me when my mom did it. I still remember that today. Good friends of ours gave Savannah her first backpack for school-it is a Harley Davidson backpack with all the accessories. Thanks Blake and Teresa!!!! This has been a emotional day for me, you can say I am having a very hard time letting go. That is my baby girl, who I have spent over 5 years with everyday! I want to say thanks to all our friends and family who have been checking in on me today, I have really felt your thoughts and prayers. I want to say a big THANKS!!!!! I am going to embrace this new season in her life and enjoy every minute of it. God has blessed me with my little girl and I am going to continue to ask for His guidance, wisdom, peace, etc. as I continue on this journey called motherhood. I can say I did not know how much I could love someone until I had my daughter. "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3. I love the song that Martina McBride sings called "In My Daughter's Eyes", here are the words:

In My Daughter's Eyes

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero.

I am strong and wise and I know no fear.

But the truth is plain to see,

She was sent to rescue me.

I see who I wanna be,

In my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal.

Darkness turns to light

and the world is at peace.

This miracle God gave to me

gives me strength when I am weak.

I find reason to believe,

In my daughter's eyes.

And when she wraps her hand

around my finger,

Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.

Everything becomes a little clearer,

I realize what life is all about.

It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough.

It's giving more when you feel like giving up.

I've seen the light,

It's in my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.

A reflection of who I am, and what will be.

Though she'll grow and someday leave,

Maybe raise a family,

When I'm gone I hope you see

how happy she made me.

**Mom, I love you and miss you everyday, I wish you were here to see my baby girl. I am so very proud of her. You would have loved her. I hope you know I remember all the little things you did for me and Jennifer. I am passing those things onto Savannah. I hope she will have lasting memories, like I have of you. Thanks for always being there and for being my mom. I know you are looking down from heaven, looking over her when I am not with her. I will always love you. Your loving daughter, Kris**

No comments: