BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: THANK YOU SO MUCH..........

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

THANK YOU SO MUCH..........

We made the trip well and made it back last night. I first off want to thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. The weather was yucky for the first part of the trip, but when we made it to Emory the rain cleared out and it turned into a nice sunny day. It was nice to get to visit with family we only get to see every year or so. Dial Baptist Church is where the service was held. I have been going to that church since I was born. I loved getting to go to Nannie and Granddaddy's during the summer and visiting. My Dad's family has been members there for years. It is a nice small town church. After the service we made the trip to the cemetery and put flowers on my mom's grave.
I had to stop and take a picture of this sign at my uncle R.M.s place. My Dad's family has been farming for years, generations of Charles'.

10 comments:

Shirley said...

What a lovely photo of you and your daughter. Glad everything went well and that you had a good family visit.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you two!

Jill said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope your new year is off to a great start!

Train Wreck said...

Oh that is a great picture of you and your girl! Pretty girls. You need to check out my Dynamite post, I found your hubbys long lost brother! he he

The Wife said...

Glad things went well. Y'all looked marvelous baby!

Callie said...

Glad to hear your trip was a safe one and again so sorry for your loss.

Andrea said...

I am glad you make the trip safely. And it's always good to see family, even though it's not at the best time.

And I'd say there have been a bunch of Charles'. Since 1905!! It's great to see families that have stuck together and kept on farming.

Glad you made it back safe.

Paula said...

So glad that all went well for you. Lovely picture of you girls!

gtyyup said...

Great pic...Savannah looks a lot like you!

Glad the trip went well and you're home safe. Great idea to take a pic of the sign...will someone else in the family take over the business? It'd be so nice to see the Charles' continue on...

kdwhorses said...

To answer your question, the family business will keep going. His son and grandson have been farming since a young age. It is in the Charles' boys blood!