BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: BRIDGE & BABIES

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

BRIDGE & BABIES



This week has been wet, cloud and windy! And of course that means you have babies! I have had a hen sitting for awhile and on Sunday the eggs hatched. We have 12 baby chicks. It is funny when I have a hen and babies there will be a rooster that takes up with her and stays with her from then on. It is strange, but I think you have to be alittle off to live here! Hope you enjoy the pics!!


Also about a week ago my wonderful hubby built a bridge for training purposes. He is always doing things like that for us to use with the horses. He is getting ready to build me a jump! Honey, you rock! Anyway as soon as we put the bridge out in the pasture my mare thought it was just for her. So every time we head to the barn she uses the bridge! She is a princess!!! And Savannah and Shelby really like it as well. The bridge has been a big hit at our house! Of course in the country it doesn't take much to entertain us!

!

10 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Thats awesome-a self-training horse... Where can I get one?
Awww baby chicks-I miss having chickens. Have you taught Savannah how to hypnotize a chicken yet?

Rising Rainbow said...

My horses like my bridge as well. It's funny to see them decide on their own to use the "modern" convenience. lol

Nonnas News said...

Cute cute pics!! I just love the baby chicks!! Dont ya just love living in the country? I sure do!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Great bridge....Go Hubby! It's like that around here too...doesn't take much to excite me.

Chickens scare me....they used to chase us when we were kids so that is one thing we do not have here on our farm.

Midlife Mom said...

We have a new bridge here too but it's metal so the horses are a bit 'concerned' about the noise it makes when they go over it. Haven't tried taking Skipper over it with the cart yet. That should be interesting! Love the chicks!!

Linda said...

Could I just "borrow" you husband for , lets say, a week? I could use a bridge too.

Front Porch Society said...

How cute!! And what a great idea to actually build one out in the pasture to help with desensitizing the horses to modern items!!

Jen said...

Here chick chick chick..lol... Celena has begging me to get chickens since she helps take care of the lot at the ranch.
It's the bridge! that thing is too cool :0)

Jen

Jen said...

THat bridge looks like a good day of entertainment for little kids. Love the baby chicks. Last night at church someone brought baby bunnies for the kids to all hold. My kids both loved it but I informed them that we were not getting any!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, baby chicks are so sweet. Cheep cheep.