BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: PLAYDAY AWARDS/1ST PLAYDAY OF THE YEAR

Monday, January 14, 2008

PLAYDAY AWARDS/1ST PLAYDAY OF THE YEAR



End of the day! Me & hubby!


Doing ribbon race My friend Mary & "Santana"


Me & "Angel" barrels Savannah doing flag race
Leaving the arena! Hubby doing barrels!

Yesterday at church we had our end of the year awards for '07 play days. We have play days every 2nd Sunday of each month. There are 3-4 events at each one and they range from: barrels, poles, pony express, ribbon race, shovel race, obstacle course, etc. We have a wonderful couple who do such a great job of putting them on! It is a great day of horses, fun and fellowship. Savannah got 3rd place in her age group and won a green/black quirt/whip (sp?) and I won 3rd place in my age group and won a hoof pick with a praying cowboy/horse at the cross. The events yesterday were barrels, flag race, ribbon race and obstacle course. Savannah did the flag race and barrels. She did a great job! Me and hubby did ribbon race together that is where you have a piece of crepe paper and can not break it while doing the pattern. The other picture is of me and my good friend Mary doing the ribbon race-we actually bet hubby and mine's time!! She is my riding partner and such a encourager - I treasure our friendship. We ride together all the time at the play days and our horses have been affectionately named "Satan" & "Angel". Her horses name is "Santana", but the play day bunch likes to harass us and they came up with it! We did all the events and had a great time! Hope you all had a great and blessed weekend!

10 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like fun stuff!

Jen said...

Hey Kris!
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! That is so neat that your church does those sorts of things.
The hoof pick sounds awesome. The cowboy at the cross is my favorite :0)
I didn't get to ride much this weekend :(. I ended up getting so busy cleaning! Our barn area took a beating from the recent rains so we're trying to get things cleaned up. We have 2 shelters that are falling down and the pens are a mess. Hubs had to work so my daughter and I hit it hard. We had fun though! I always tell her do a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life :)So we had fun being silly and introducing our new puppy to horses. He found out how wonderful a horse terd tastes lol.

Mikey said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! I bet it was even better in your new saddles, huh? You girls look so good! I love your hat too, the chocolate w/pink trim... I LOVE those colors.

How bout them cowgirls? And hubby too :)

Nonnas News said...

What a fun weekend! What a great way to spend time with friends and family!

Anonymous said...

I must say it sounds like and looks like you had fun.

Front Porch Society said...

What fun!! :)
Love all the pictures!! :)

Karen said...

I've been showing my 12 year old daughter these pictures, as she's crazy about horses, and has been all of her life. That is her dream to have a farm with horses. We just don't have the space right now. Maybe someday. Love you pictures!

Midlife Mom said...

Oh I am so green with envy over your church fun days! I have never heard of a church doing that, you must have LOTS of horses in your area! Just wonderful!!! Your daughter looks so adorable, what a sweetheart! Congrats on winning the ribbon race! I haven't been in a show for about 20years but we sure enjoyed the years that we did show. Take care! xoxo

Jill said...

What a neat thing for your church to do! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time - loved the photos.

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like you guys had a great time.