BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: Our latest addition to the family!!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our latest addition to the family!!!


"Shelby", "Angel" and me. We were at a pasture roping and she rode around with me for some of the day, she had a blast!
I guess I better explain this picture!! I was calling Savannah the other day and she was not coming, she called me and said she couldn't come. So I go to investigate and this is what I came upon! She said she was putting "Shelby" in puppy time out and she wound up in the crate to!! I couldn't resist the picture. We have now gotten a much bigger crate for the puppy since she is going to be about 40 pounds.

Here is our latest addition to the family!! Her name is "Shelby" and she is a 3 1/2 month Australian Shepherd puppy. She is a Red Merle (which is what they call her coloring) and she has blue flecks in both of her eyes. We have been without a dog for almost a year now and I have missed having one. My husband has been looking for me one, since our daughter will be starting school soon. He wants me to have a companion while she is at school, so I do not get lonely! How sweet, I have such a wonderful thoughtful husband! Savannah is really looking forward to starting school, I am glad she is excited about it. We will definitely be starting a whole new season of life together! "Shelby" has been with our family for about 2 weeks now and is adjusting very well. Actually she is already quiet spoiled! (but like my husband says, what animal around our place isn't!!!!!) She has already been to church, ranch rodeos, grandmas, even ridden with me on my horse!! She is very smart and is picking up real fast! I have had several Aussies and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I am looking forward to having her in our home! Welcome "Shelby!!!"

No comments: