BLACKJACK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY: Our Aquarium Blessing

Friday, July 6, 2007

Our Aquarium Blessing


Our new tank-our aquarium blessing. I am a member of a website called East Texas Trade/buy cycle. It is a great website, that emails out items for sale, trade, etc. in the East Texas area. We have a small tank (2.5 gallons) with our Betta fish "Sally" and a apple snail "Nell" in it. I have always wanted a bigger tank, but after pricing how much everything was, we knew we would have to wait. Well, a couple of weeks ago I received a email about a 29 gallon tank with all the accessories and the fish for sale. It was a great deal, so off we went to Lake Palestine to pick up the tank and things. When we got there they already had the tank tore down and the fish in a container for the ride home. We headed back home and then I started setting the tank back up. I am proud to say all the fish have survived there move and are doing very well. I have added new plants and a aeration system to the tank. And Savannah wants to add some tetras to the tank as well, I told her we needed to wait a few weeks before adding new fish. Currently in the tank we have 4 angelfish (2 smaller and 2 larger), 2 blue gouramis (i think) and a very large pleco (sucker fish). The pleco is all of the length of your hand. I tried to get a picture of him, but he never comes out when I have the camera! If you look through the rock, you can see him on the back of the tank. Anyway, they have been fun to watch and relaxing as well. They each have there very own personality, they are really funny to watch at times. I love sharing God's creatures with my daughter, it is such a blessing. "Then God said. "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life...So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water..." Genesis 1:20-21. Thank you God for creating such beautiful creatures!

No comments: